Top Ads One Liner

File Transfer under Admin Account

Now time to transfer my files from old HDD to the new one.

As so you know, my old HDD is on XP and had a few user accounts and of course, the important files I have, was kept in the Administrator account. Little did I know, it would cause me some delay on the process.

Initially my old HDD was set as a slave and when I tried copying the files from the Administrator account, I always receive an error "Access Denied".

So, I immediately set my old HDD as master so that I could boot up and manually configure the user accounts. But it fails, and fails for another try and it always kept me on this options:

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Last Known Good Configuration
Start Windows Normally

Now I'm in trouble. I'm left with two other options.
1. Look for some other PCs that would match my hard disk. Or
2. Do some thingy on the folder rights.

I did swear I din't wanna have other accounts anymore but thanks to WinXPTutor's XP Resources for giving me the enlightenment. I never thought things would go such easy. I need not look for someone that has the same match with my old HDD. I just had to do some configurations on the folders need to be transferred/copied. Actually there are a lot of resources from the net about this. Now, I can finally move on. :P

No comments: